"Unity without verity is no better than conspiracy." - John Trapp

Sunday, July 09, 2006

The 9th Commandment and Blogs

I have seen a number of people who "blog" by linking to other blogs. Initially, I wondered why but I'm starting to see that there are a number of people out here who express my thoughts better than I do.

Recently, Adrian Warnock linked to a post in Matt Lauderbach's blog on Faithfulness or Relevance in ministry. This is an excellent blog, and worth reading, but in perusing Matt's blog, I found these posts (1, 2, and 3) related to blog behavior and the 9th Commandment (do not bear false witness). Matt has said something that I've felt since I started reading blogs. Not that I claim innocence in these matters. My guilt makes Matt's post all the more important because they expose my own sin. So, if you read the posts, don't do what I did at first and think, "I know people like that." Instead, ask, "Father, in what ways have misrepresented others to try to make myself look good?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home