"Unity without verity is no better than conspiracy." - John Trapp

Friday, October 27, 2006

Thankful on Friday SE: You

There is a poem called "Pursuit" in Stephen Dobyns' Cemetery Nights. It has stuck with me long after I could recall which Stephen King novel quoted the line (I think it may have been Insomnia):
Each thing I do I rush through so I can do something else.

Back several months ago when I first signed up for blogger I did so just to be able to comment on a blog that did not allow anonymous bloggers. If you look over the early months of this blog posts were few and far between. My original blogging series (Election) was the reworking of a paper for a systematic theology class from several years back (not the only time I've revisited old material on this blog). That led into the Trinity series, and I started posting on a regular basis.

I did not blog with any particular audience in mind. Many individual posts were reactions to events and other blog posts I was reading. It is somewhat intoxicating for someone who loves words to be able to "publish" his thoughts where almost anyone could read them. Because of that, I've probably spent more time doing this than I should have. Particularly when combined with a lot of the blog reading I've done.

Top that off with the fact that the winds of change are blowin' in my little world (I'll likely blog a bit about that on Sunday or early next week), and I think I'm going to be cutting back here, perhaps substantially (how strong that wind is will help determine how substantially).

But, lest you think otherwise, I'm thankful to God the Father and Jesus Christ my Savior for those who stop by this little corner of my world. Whether it is once, or regularly, I always appreciate that you sacrifice a bit of your time to "listen" to me, and sometimes interact with these thoughts. So while the frequency may slow down, I hope you'll still stop by every once and a while to see if there's something new.

5 Comments:

Blogger Even So... said...

I will, and please, Eddie, please keep coming by my place...I enjoy what you write, comment, and your presence at other blogs too...let us know ASAP about the pneuma...

12:43 AM EDT  
Blogger Taliesin said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:54 AM EDT  
Blogger Taliesin said...

[I hate when blogger is messing up links]

Voice of Vision (everyone see the link in the sidebar) is at the top of my list JD. Thanks again for your participation.

7:55 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you'll still stop by every once and a while to see if there's something new.

Bah... Thanks to the wonders of RSS, you'll stop by me when there's something new.

Though you'll do so with proper grammar!

Looking forward to hearing more on Sunday.

3:44 PM EDT  
Blogger Chris said...

I most definitely will stop by as frequently as I can. I enjoy what you post, even though I do not often comment.

May the winds of change be always at your back. :)

7:37 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home