"Unity without verity is no better than conspiracy." - John Trapp

Monday, September 25, 2006

Expectant Watching - Micah 7:7

7But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord;

I will wait for the God of my salvation.

My God will hear me.

[If you have not read yesterday's post with the full text of Micah 7, I would encourage you to do so to get the context.]

Micah has been expressing concern for the lack of godliness among his people. Here, he purposes to look to God in spite of his culture. While others have rejected God, Micah will "watch expectantly". This expectancy is for the Messiah. Micah had declared earlier (5:2 NASB):

2“But as for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah,

Too little to be among the clans of Judah,

From you One will go forth for Me to be ruler in Israel.

His goings forth are from long ago,

From the days of eternity.

The promised seed of David who would sit forever on David's throne has existed "from long ago". Micah is awaiting the Messiah, God with Us, like Isaiah, his contemporary.

Micah waits for God to come and change the heart of the people. It is expectant, and it is confident ("My God will hear me"). God will save Micah. The question - from what will God save Micah?

2 Comments:

Blogger Even So... said...

Good question....

11:21 PM EDT  
Anonymous Duct Cleaners Brockton said...

Hi, thanks for posting this.

3:52 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home